Do you own a bike? Then you must know the importance of having insurance. If you are worried about forgetting to renew your policy, and getting into trouble, there’s a solution!
You can opt for a Multi-year two-wheeler insurance policy.
A multi-year two-wheeler insurance policy’s advantages –
The obligation to insure the vehicle comes with owning a bike or scooter. Driving without an active two-wheeler insurance policy can go against India’s law and get you into trouble unnecessarily. Furthermore, travelling on Indian highways without protection from unforeseen casualties is not prudent.
Why purchase an online multi-year two-wheeler insurance policy –
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) noted that the two leading causes of non-compliance were ignorance and reluctance to renew insurance. Many people also think it’s a pointless expenditure because they seldom use it. They fail to realise that terrible events may get impossible to forecast and that prevention can be preferable to treatment.
The IRDAI has permitted two-wheeler insurance companies to offer long-term insurance plans for up to three years to encourage bike owners to have their vehicles insured and renew their policies on time. Additionally, buying online bike insurance coverage may reduce the difficulties and allow you to complete the procedure quickly.
You can, visit the official website of IRDAI for further details
Benefits of long-term two-wheeler insurance –
For the insured, multi-year bike insurance coverage has various advantages. Here are a few examples:
- Policy renewal: Avoid the hassle of yearly policy renewal to save yourself from the hassle.
- Lower premium: Compared to a one-year policy, the premium for long-term two-wheeler insurance coverage can be lower. The insurance providers also provide several upfront reductions when long-term bike insurance coverage can be purchased.*
- Lower risk of policy lapses: Renewing a lapsed bike insurance policy can be time-consuming. A multi-year bike insurance policy can provide you with the advantages for up to three years without worrying about renewal.
- No claim bonus (NCB): If a policyholder hasn’t filed a claim under their insurance during the preceding year, they are eligible for this incentive under a comprehensive bike insurance policy*. The insurance companies reward you for riding safely. Make note that the benefits of such no-claim bonus are available only with a comprehensive policy and not third-party bike insurance plans.
- Avoid needless losses and penalties: In India, riding without a valid two-wheeler insurance policy is illegal. A person can also find themselves in a scenario where he needs to submit a claim but cannot do so since his coverage has expired because nothing can be foreseeable.
Should you buy multi-year bike insurance?
You receive a lot of advantages from a multi-year two-wheeler insurance policy Deflation of the premium rate seems likely to happen too. A long-term bike insurance policy may spare you from bothersome inconveniences and lower your bike insurance price, if you intend to sell your bike later.*
Long-term bike insurance policies provide lots of advantages. There may be chances of premium rates decreasing. A multi-year insurance policy can also be one of the more accessible forms of protection if you don’t intend to sell your bike for another two to three years. Online long-term two-wheeler insurance may be simple to get.
* Standard T&C Apply
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.‘